Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Did you know?

My uncle sent me a link to the latest 'Did you know?' video on YouTube. A video that was put together to make you think about the future and give you a few eye-opening stats along the way.

YouTube then suggested I watch 'Did You Know?: The 2009 Inauguration Edition' and thus gave me my Lincoln reference for the day. Did you know that the first course of Obama's Inaugural Lunch was served on a replica of Lincoln's china, displaying the American bald eagle, US Coat of Arms, and a border of 'solferino' (a colour popular back in the 1860s).

And of course, but this was already a well-known fact, Obama was sworn in on Lincoln's bible, which hadn't been used at an Inauguration since 1861.

There you have it folks, another day in the world of Lincoln references.

No comments: